Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Golf Wang Fashion Show x Collection 2016


On Saturday June 11th Tyler the Creator debuted his independent collection "Golf Wang", and by independent I mean a line that is not a collaboration with another major brand. I wanna get in the pieces, but before I do that I'll say this much  about the show and that it was wonderfully executed. The show consisted of some skits, people skateboarding in the middle of the circular runway, and a
diverse array of people no matter the size or gender walking, which I thought was dope. I love at the end of the show he did a surprise performance of a song that is to be called 'Ego'.

Golf Wang 2016
When it comes to the fashion it can be either a strong hit or all just wrong, but Tyler said something that stood out to me about the collection and that it was all about what he likes to wear. That stood out because you have some people who come from no fashion design background starting a line and because it's not a good balance of them and the people in the line they fail. I think why this collection works is because he has a unique style that some people identify themselves with. I love the mixture of color and (not because pink is my favorite color), but it's bright and fun for the summertime. My favorite piece in this collection is the 'Golf auto parts windbreaker', I want that jacket so bad. Overall the collection is great, the show was cool and if you want any item in the collection pre-order items at Golfwang.com.

2 comments: